Fourteen students from the editors’ staff and web team met yesterday to prepare for publishing in Spring 2010. This semester we did something new—editors built their own contracts, envisioning what they would accomplish this spring. For the past 10 years, I’ve prescribed the terms of contract. I prefer this new approach to the challenge ahead. The results are heartening. The Puma Press editors have decided to do what follows:
• Tweeting stories,
• Compiling slideshows,
• Writing hard copy stories and columns,
• Producing video reports,
• Starting a Puma Press Twitter Page,
• Maintaining web pages,
• Laying out hard copy pages,
• Developing an editors’ profile page,
• Being on call to shoot photos,
• Running polls online.
Whew! Each semester, Puma Press editors take the press to a new high.